Battle Orlando Nationals FAQ’s for New Teams and Players
With the big announcement regarding one Nationals and no event in Tampa, below are some must know facts that you should read through carefully and share with your players and team!
The following information is for adult teams only, for information on youth click here.
Where is the tournament being held?
- The main tournament location will be at Austin Tindall Regional Park at 4100 Boggy Creek Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34744 in Orlando, where all formats will be played. We have 3 satellite fields that we’ll be using as well to help maximize the amount of teams we were able to take for this year. One is Archie Gordon Memorial Park, where some 7v7 Rec and Comp teams along with some 8v8 Coed teams will be playing in some capacity, around 5-10 minutes from Austin Tindall. The other is Hickory Tree Community Park, which will host most of the 8v8 Comp and Rec teams on Saturday and Sunday. Friday only, all 8v8 Competitive and Recreational teams will be playing at Northeast Regional Park, which will be utilized by the youth on Saturday and Sunday to add more fields.
How should we book our travel?
- We recommend flying into Orlando and booking your hotels here or rental houses here with a 10% off discount in Kissimmee which will be closest to the fields and the best deals as well. ALL PLAYERS should fly in Thursday, with all teams playing all 3 days, and expect not to leave until Monday. Games will run late Sunday.
What rules are we using?
- FFWCT rules. Click here for more info.
How do we register?
- Click here to register your team. December 31st is the official deadline, and late fees will go into effect starting December 16th. We have a cap on how many teams we can take in each division, and several divisions have already filled with many others filling up fast so make sure and sign up ASAP.
Is the Tournament still Pool Play or Double Elimination?
- The Tournament is STILL Pool play, which will be held on Friday and Saturday, and playoffs are on Sunday. ALL adult teams will play on Friday, no exceptions! NOTE: EVERY TEAM DOES NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS SO POOL PLAY MATTERS. For information on youth click here.
- (4) Game Guarantee for 4v4 & 5v5 divisions & (3) Game Guarantee for 7v7, 8v8, 9v9 divisions
- Click here for more information on WHY we use pool play over double elimination.
How do schedule blocks work?
- Since we do pool play, we’re able to do schedule blocks so you’re guaranteed to be able to play in atleast 2 styles, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Click here for the list of schedule blocks and which divisions play in each.
What is the full itinerary for the weekend in Orlando?
- ALL ADULT TEAMS will play pool play starting on Friday, so prepare to arrive Thursday. For information on youth click here.
- Captains meeting and draft is Thursday night before and is an event you don’t want to miss.
- Click here for the full schedule
How many teams can you take in each division?
- For 2019, we will still be confined by total field space, especially within our larger format 7v7, 8v8 and 9v9 divisions, and division will have a total cap on how many teams are able to participate, which you can view in the article here. If you register in a division that is already full, you will be placed on a waiting list but we will actively work with you to make sure we get you into a division you can participate in if desired.
Who makes playoffs if every team does not make playoffs after pool play?
- After you finish all of your pool play games, playoffs brackets/seeds will be determined by factors IN THIS ORDER
- Overall Record
- Head to Head
- Point Differential
- Points Against
- Points Scored
- Battle Points
- Registration Date
How many teams will make playoffs?
- The number of teams that make playoffs will be determined solely by the number of teams in each bracket. The breakdown is as follows:
- 3-4 teams = 2 Teams in Playoffs
- 5-8 teams = 4 Teams in playoffs
- 9-12 teams = 6 Teams in playoffs
- 13-16 teams = 8 Teams in playoffs
- 17-20 teams = 10 Teams in Playoffs
- 21-24 teams = 12 Teams in Playoffs*
- 25-28 teams = 14 Teams in Playoffs
- 29+ teams = 16 Teams in Playoffs
- *Only exception being the 8v8 Contact Men’s Recreational division that will only take 10 teams to playoffs due to us adding more fields to accommodate more teams on Friday, and lack of field space Sunday.
Is there any charge for parking?
- At the Austin Tindall complex, there is a $5 per day charge for parking. There is no charge for parking at any of the off-site facilities.
What happens if we had USFTL points and/or bids and how does that work with Battle Orlando?
- If you earned any points earned through USFTL sanctioned tournaments, we will be coordinating with those directors to get those translated into equivalent Battle Points for your team. Points from last year’s USFTL Nationals will not be factored in. Any bids earned through being a champion of last year’s USFTL Nationals will be honored by the USFTL, and any teams redeeming such bids must pay our $50 deposit for bid teams and notify the USFTL staff so they can pay your remaining balance before the deadline.
What happens if we already registered with USFTL’s Tampa event?
- You will need to contact the USFTL and request a refund if they have not already refunded their teams. You will need to sign up with us in the normal manner by paying your full registration by going to this link to register.
How do I redeem a free bid earned through an FFWCT tournament?
- If you earned a full or a 1/2 paid bid through winning any of the FFWCT regional, state or world championship events this year that you’ll be redeeming for Nationals, you’ll want to register your team in the “My Team Has a Paid Bid” division. This will allow you to pay the $50 deposit that is required no matter what so we know the team is coming, and will ask you for your division in which we will then move you to that division in short order and will lock you into your registration date for points. If you had a 1/2 bid, we will apply your credit and you will still have a small outstanding balance that will need to be paid before the deadline. For teams with a full bid, this is all you’ll have to do other than making sure you book your hotels or housing in Kissimmee.
My players can’t get in town until later, how do we make a schedule request?
- We do not take schedule requests here at FFWCT. We have pre-made schedule blocks so you can see what time which formats play to avoid schedule conflicts.
- You can also impact your first games start time by selecting a better spot during the draft during media night at Disney Springs.
How does seeding work?
- Seeding is based on when you select your first game on media night during the draft. Based on your Battle points (click here for how Battle Points work), you will be assigned a draft #. Your captain will then come to the draft board and select a time/pool based on what’s available. All current USFTL points since last February will be converted into Battle points here over the next couple weeks.
What is Media Night?
- Media Night is FFWCT’s version of a Captains/Team check in as well as live interviews, photobooth, a chance to ask questions with the directors and the bracket draft for seeding. Its also your opportunity to meet up with your friends and see the cool location!
Where is Media night & When?
- Media Night will be held at the House of Blues Music Hall inside Disney Springs on Thursday, January 17th. It will be held from 7pm to 11pm EST.
- Parking is FREE at Disney Springs & it is FREE to enter Disney Springs.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
What are the Roster Maximums?
- 4v4: 15
- 5v5: 15
- 7v7: 30
- 8v8 Coed: 30
- 8v8 Contact: 30
- 9v9 Contact: 30
Can a player play on multiple rosters in 2 different brackets?
- No, a player can’t play on multiple rosters in the same format (i.e. 5v5 Contact PRO and 5v5 Contact Competitive). You CAN play in multiple formats though (i.e. 5v5 Contact PRO and 4v4 Non-Contact PRO).