Battle Bama Questions & Answers
The Battle Bama $15,000 flag football tournament is just around the corner on October 15-16, and we’ve had a couple questions asked lately that we wanted to address below with important information regarding registration, team rosters, payment and more! Let us know if you have any other questions we can address by emailing email@example.com! If you are a team captain and have not paid your $40 deposit, make sure and do that ASAP so we can create your team card to share on social media and build the hype and lock down your spot to play!
- When is registration deadline? October 8th is the deadline for team captains to register and pay their $40 player fee which is considered the deposit. If you’ve registered and not paid, you must pay by midnight on Saturday the 8th. Team players can still register all the way up to the day of the tournament, and be added to the roster on-site at the tournament check-in.
- What times will the tournament start and end? The tournament is scheduled to start at 12:00pm on Saturday, with 4man A divisions playing first, then 7man/8man A divisions starting later in the evening around 3-4pm. B, C and Women’s divisions will be spread out throughout the day for all divisions. On Sunday for playoffs, 4man A division will start at 8am and end around 12:00pm or earlier, with 7man/8man A divisions starting around 12:00pm and ending around 4:00pm. B, C and Women’s divisions will be spread out throughout the day from 8am – 4pm as well.
- Can you play in multiple formats and divisions? Yes, you can play in all 3 mens formats (4man, 7man & 8man) or both womens formats plus coed. You can only play on one team per format. For the mens A Division, 4man will be scheduled purposefully to allow you to play without conflict in that format plus EITHER 7man or 8man (but not both guaranteed). You can still play in all formats, but those are the only divisions we’re guaranteeing there will be no scheduling conflicts. You will be required to register and pay for each division you play in, and team captains can sign up multiple teams.
- How do team rosters work? Every team must submit a team roster online by going to your Dashboard once registered (click here to go now and log in if not already) and clicking on “Manage or Add Players” link in the Role/Team column for your team, then the “Add players to your team” button, then the “Invite Players” button. Here you can enter their email and send a custom message, where they will accept and can pay their $40 player registration. You can add players to your roster all the way up through midnight EST on Saturday, October 15th prior to playoffs. No players will be allowed to be added to your official roster on playoff Sunday, but they can still check in and get a wrist band if they are on the roster (i.e. they didn’t play Saturday, or lost/removed their wrist band).
- How many players can I have on our roster? For 4man you may have up to 10 players, for 7man you man have up to 16 players, and for 8man up to 30 players can be on one roster.
- Can we pay at the field instead of online? As a team captain, you MUST register online and pay your deposit to hold your spot. For your team’s players, I’d HIGHLY recommend atleast adding them to your roster and allowing them to pay online, but you can register at the fields as well on Saturday at the tournament. Keep in mind, a team captain will have to be present to add a player to your roster at the fields, which is why we recommend adding them online at the very least, allowing them to check in without a captain present and pay.
- Do we have to check in at the fields? Yes, when you arrive at the tournament, EVERY player and team captain will be required to check in with a form of ID at our registration tent to validate their presence on the roster, pay if needed, and get a wrist band, ALL players and captains will be required to have their format’s appropriate wrist band in order to participate in each game, which will be checked prior to each game. Make sure and arrive at the tournament early enough to allow time for check-in, as game-time is forfeit time and there will be no exceptions.
- How do we book hotels? We HIGHLY recommend using our Hotels.com link here to book your stay (click on the Battle Bama button at the bottom), as we have exclusive discounts and already have a custom list of hotels sorted by proximity to the fields, but you can customize this search for price and other options as well.
- What rules are used for each format? For 4v4, we’re using essentially Roswell rules with one minor tweak where the QB can run once the ball is handed off or thrown back. Click here for 4man rules. For 7man, we’re using NIRSA rules, click here for 7man rules. For 8man rules, we’re using standard USFTL 8man Contact rules.
- Which airports are closest for flying in? Pensecola, FL and Mobile, AL are the closest and suggested airports, both around 45 minutes from the fields.
- Will there be a captains meeting? For this tournament we will not be holding a captains meeting due to there being a significant amount of travelling teams and with a single elimination bracket there’s no seeding surprises. Brackets will be released online the week leading up to the tournament for all divisions, and all questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.