2020 Orlando Draft Party and Media Night Details!
It’s every Flag Football players favorite time of the year. The holidays are over and its time to start dialing in for Orlando. Here are all the details about this year’s draft and media night events!
- Date: Thursday, January 16th, 2020
- Draft & Media Night Address: SEA WORLD – 7007 Sea World Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821
- Location is MUCH larger than the house of blues.
- EVERYONE & ANYONE is welcome to attend.
- Only Captains & Co-Captains with wristbands are allowed inside the DRAFT section. EVERYONE else must remain in the common areas
- Parking is FREE
- Doors open at 6pm EST
- We highly advise getting there early and getting in line.
- There will be Food & Alcoholic beverages available for purchase.
- TV Camera Crews will be present filming for the show.
- The first 1,000 people in the doors will receive complimentary FFWCT event swag Bags that include an event branded cleat bag, iron-on World Championship patch, sponsor giveaways and more! Don’t be late because they will go FAST. Last year we sold out in less than 20 minutes of doors opening…
- The next 500 people will receive complimentary Simon Malls swag bags
The 2020 Orlando World Championships draft party and media night location is the Sea World Bayside Stadium pavilions located at 7007 Sea World Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821. Let the ticket gate know you are there for the FFWCT draft or media night. After you proceed through the gate take the VERY FIRST RIGHT. Please lineup in an orderly fashion and the SeaWorld staff will begin letting people in at 6pm EST.
The location is MUCH larger than last years house of blues which was essentially standing room only and with nearly 100 more teams than last year competing in this event, this location made the most sense for the event.
Raffles & Contests
We will be raffling off a bevy of prizes and goodies this year exclusively at Media Night! All you have to do is attend and visit our sponsors for raffle tickets and be there at 9:00pm for the official drawing for a chance to win! Prizes include:
- Flat Screen TV
- Sea World Theme Park Tickets
- Wilson GST Footballs
- Football Gloves
- Dicks Sporting Goods Gift Cards
- Free Tournament Entries
You can view the draft times & picking order here for each format and division.
How the Draft Works
Pool Play divisions
The basic idea is you draft in reverse order of how many Battle points your team has. On each team’s turn, they can bump anyone out of their spot who would be forced to choose another open spot on the board and cannot bump another team that round. This goes all the way until the draft concludes, with only exceptions being the top 3 picks, if bumped by a higher pick, can bump again as a reward for being top 3. Below is an example to run you through the scenario in more detail.
Team A has the least Battle Points and selects first, and is on the clock (1 minute to decide) . They select the 5th seed on the schedule so they can start at a later time. Team B is up next, and selects the 1st seed to avoid being in the same pool as Team A. Team C is up next, and decides they want to bump Team A out of their spot and steals the 5th seed. Team A then is forced to take an open spot on the board, and selects the 2nd seed place themselves in the same pool as Team B who they think they matchup well against. This continues all the way through the draft until the last 3 teams are left. The only rule exception is that if any of the top 3 teams get bumped out of their spot, they are allowed to bump again. So if Team Z has the most points and is the last to draft and bumps Team X out of their spot who was the 2nd or 3rd highest points, Team X would be allowed to bump another team out so they’re not stuck with the only open spot on the board having earned a top 3 draft position. The team they bump would have to take the last open spot on the board, and the draft would be complete! It is a fun way to select your pool play positions and gives each team some input on when, where and who they play!’
Double Elimination divisions
This year with the addition of Double Elimination to specific formats, the draft will mean more than ever. The 8v8 Contact Men’s Pro and Comp will be drafting directly on to the bracket (everyone else is pool play so see above).
Here is how it will work:
- Teams will still pick in reverse order based on Battle Points
- Teams will draft DIRECTLY onto a double elimination draft board instead of a numbered pool board.
- **NEW** All 2nd round games will be PROTECTED. This means that the first 4 teams to draft (bottom 4 Battle Point teams) in the Competitive division, and the first 12 teams in the PRO division to draft (bottom 12 Battle Point teams) will not have access to any of the 2nd round games unless bumped at a later point by a higher seed team.